Samsung has finally released the much awaited Galaxy J7 Prime for INR 16,890 on Flipkart. This phone was launched on September 1of 9, 2016 and even after three months the company continues to sell J7 Prime in large numbers across the world.
What are the Pros and reasons to buy J7 Prime?
This one is an upgraded version of J7 (without prime) and the company has managed to pull experts and customers eye balls with series of advanced features.
- Massive Battery of 3300 mAh will allow the phone to phone to last entire day or even two with heavy usage.
- Storage remains its biggest flagship, there is an inner memory of 16 GB and expandable capacity of up to whopping 256 GB, it clearly has surpassed even Apple behind in this category.
- There is a fingerprint sensor for security and privacy purpose, it also allows users to take memorable photos.
- Processor is also another key area where Samsung has set the bar high, it is powered by Octa core, 1.6 GHz and uses the company’s own Exynos 7 Octa chip set and if you have used any of their devices with the same chit set, you would be aware that it’s some what faster than Qualcomm Snapdragon.
- 5.5 inches of Full HD (1080 × 1920 pixels) display is what users get but the pixel density of 401 ppi is what will make a positive difference here.
- Samsung has been generous this time around after increasing the size of RAM to 3 GB in J7 Prime. Add this to the processor, we will have a great gaming experience.
- USB OTG support will enable users to transfer big data quickly and not many devices launched recently comes equipped with on-the-go feature.
- The cheapest Samsung mobile with full metal built.
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4 as screen protection is also a another good pro.
- It runs on Android v6.0.1 MArshmallow with a layer of company’s TouchWiz and the combination is beautiful.
- Priced at around Rs. 17,000, it is the only handset which has a dedicated slot for microSD card at the same time it has a dual sim support which means users can use both the sim and expand the memory too.
- For gaming usage, there will be a graphics card of Mali-T830 MP2 and the history tells us that this chip set is extremely gaming friendly.
Now lets look at the features which might have been improved, the cons!
- First of all the screen has a 401 ppi as pixel density but there is TFT display and not AMOLED which basically means J7 prime will consume more battery.
- There is no slow motion recording on either of the cameras.
- There lacks another key specification on the camera front called optical image stabilization making the quality of videos a bit shaky.
- Few handsets priced at around Rs 10k has the quick charging facility but this one lacks the fast charge technology.
- Lack of IR Blaster or infrared technology.
When we look at its cons closely, we see that it basically lacks those specs which can be classified as added on features, if you can compromise on the cons section then its a beast in the shape of a smart phone.